Thursday, August 23, 2007

WOW!.....time really flies. Thanks for all the comments, prayers, and general help (from family and friends).

I really started to doubt where this adventure will take me. I questioned my abilities, my confidence, and my faith many times through the years, but not as many as the past 5. I really wanted to give up already.........I just could not accept that after all my sacrifices/losses, I will walk away a failure.....hindi dapat!

It's been 5 years since I left Manila.........and who knew that all these things happened to me within those years. I got a Master's Degree, a divorce, lost my savings, lost my home, lived with my cousins and also my brother, got a job, got promoted, driving 2 cars (one is actually parked in my cousin's driveway), dating a doctor, and now about to buy my own place!...................ohhhh, and physically moved 7 times from place to place! WOW!!!.......all in 5 years!

I always thought of stability, but I guess it's not reality on my end. I was offered a job in Geneva, but I was not ready to jump again. My old boss offered me a position, and it was really tempting, but it was just too soon. I was just recovering.

I am now in between places. All my things are in storage, and I am now staying with friends in Gotham. I have mastered the art of commuting. I can give anyone a tour of the city........what version do you want??............."You've got Mail, Serendipity, Sex in the City (too many sites though)"...........etc. It's just a subway ride away. Do you like to shop?...what's your budget? ....the best places are still the outlets in NJ.......not unless you just want to experience 5th Ave or SoHo.


"Life is really like a Box of Chocolates!"............I never would have guessed that I would end up this way. I feel better though!.........all water under the bridge. I still feel empty at times, but who doesn't? I guess my journey is back on the right track. I work my normal hours (50+ a week), and I am rewarded for my efforts. I have a nice view of the Hudson, Ellis Island, and Lady Liberty..........it seems unreal at times......but hey!..................... It's good!!!

I also want to tell everyone that I will be going home Sept.20 to Oct.8...............this time with the proper state of mind! See everyone soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home